Terms and Conditions
- Before booking onto any of our courses, please read the course content thoroughly, ensuring that the course will meet your training requirements and that you are able to meet pre-requisites, where these have been stated.
- Where any course registration/booking form is completed for a candidate by another individual/employee, it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the candidate is suitable for the course and has the relevant experience.
- Upon receipt of your booking form, and subsequent payment your place(s) will be confirmed.
- Important note: The acceptance of your booking by Pro Holistic brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by you in any purchase order or correspondence will not form part of the contract.
Invoicing and payment
- Course deposits are payable upon booking and the balance of the fees paid a minimum of five weeks prior to the commencement of any course unless a valid, authorised Purchase Order is provided and accepted.
- In the case of bookings being made within five weeks of the commencement of any course, fees are payable in full upon booking unless a valid, authorised Purchase Order is provided and accepted.
- Invoices will be sent via email to the name and email address provided on the booking form and must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date or not later than 1 working day prior to the start of the course, whichever date occurs soonest (the “due date”).
- Payment must be made in pounds Sterling by cheque, or BACS.
- If any amount properly due to Pro Holistic under or in connection with these terms and conditions remains outstanding beyond the due date Pro Holistic may:
a. charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per annum above the base rate of Halifax Bank of Scotland from time to time (which interest will accrue daily until the date of actual payment, be compounded quarterly, and be payable on demand); or
b. claim interest and statutory compensation pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998).
c. treat the booking as cancelled.
- Purchase orders may be accepted in lieu of payment at time of booking at the sole discretion of Pro Holistic.
- Acceptance of purchase orders is subject to prior approval by Pro Holistic for credit terms. Customers must first supply a completed Customer Information Form upon request.
- Purchase orders shall not be accepted from any customer at any time during which the customer’s account is placed on “stop” due to default.
Course attendance and certification
- Candidates will receive course information instructions via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the course registration/booking form to ensure joining instructions are received by the candidate. Instructions will be sent via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the course registration/booking form to contact Pro Holistic to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to attend the course will result in the full cost being incurred.
- Pro Holistic will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email address provided on the booking form. If alternative details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- No certificate(s) shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding balance (including interest on overdue balances and statutory compensation) due to Pro Holistic.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of Pro Holistic, to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the tutor.
- For our online courses, Pro Holistic will provide, by email, the meeting ID, meeting URL and password.
- Pro Holistic cannot be held responsible for any delay or disruptions to your access to the Online Course as a result of any of the following:
(a) the operation of the internet and the world wide web, including but not limited to viruses;
(b) any firewall restrictions that have been placed on your network or the computer you are using to access the Online Course;
(c) failures of telecommunications links and equipment;
(d) updated browser issues;
(e) updated software issues; or
(f) any suspended access to the host website for the purpose of scheduled or emergency maintenance, repairs or upgrades.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing, by email or letter.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation, by email or letter, being received.
- In cases where access to our online courses or material has been provided prior to the commencement of the course the cost of any online course, or material, will be charged in full.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
*excluding extenuating circumstances which will be charged at the discretion of Pro Holistic.
|Calendar days notice before the start date of the course||Refund applicable|
|29 calendar days or more||Full refund minus deposit amount|
|Between 15 and 28 calendar days (inclusive)||50% refund|
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)||No refund will be given|
|Failure to attend||Treated as late cancellation and no refund given|
- All requests for alterations/transfers must be received in writing, by email or letter.
- If the individual named on the booking form is unable to attend, where access to our online material has been provided the full cost of any online course, or material, will be charged in full for that individual.
- If the individual named on the booking form is unable to attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of £20.00 has been paid.
- If the individual named on the booking form is unable to attend, and cannot or does not wish to transfer their place to another candidate, a percentage of the fee paid may be accepted as payment towards a place on the same or another course that takes place within one year following the originally booked event. The amount of the course fee transferred is displayed below.
|Calendar days notice before the start date of the course||Fee to transfer to a new course|
|29 calendar days or more||Full amount minus deposit amount|
|Between 15 and 28 calendar days (inclusive)||50% of course fee|
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)||No transfer available. No refund given.|
|Failure to attend||Treated as late cancellation and no fee will be transferred|
- Delegates are only permitted to one course transfer or substitution per booking. After this the full fee will be charged.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto a course Pro Holistic reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by Pro Holistic, we will endeavour to inform all participants a week before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All course fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another Pro Holistic course. Pro Holistic shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A light lunch is provided on some of our full day courses. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing, by email or letter, to Pro Holistic in advance of the course commencing.
- Online – Instructor courses: You will need the Internet with a broadband speed that allows for video streaming, a webcam and microphone, and enough space to practice the Qigong so that you are entirely visible to the webcam. This is necessary for the instructor to monitor your progress and for the assessment.
- Online – Instructor courses: Recordings of each workshop will be available for viewing on the Pro Holistic website.
- Online – Instructor courses: These are interactive and a minimum attendance of 80% is required.
- You must inform the instructor of any injuries or illness before commencing any class, workshop, or course.
- Always observe the highest standard of personal cleanliness in class.
- Participants are requested to be punctual as a mark of respect to the other students and to minimize class disruption.
- If you need to leave a class, or workshop, early please let the instructor know beforehand.
- Mobile ‘phones have to be switched off before entering any class, or workshop.
- If you are “on call” for work, etc., and need to have your ‘phone switched on, please inform the instructor of this.
- If a candidate is unable to attend any of the course due to extenuating circumstances they must inform Pro Holistic in writing, by email or letter.
- If a candidate is unable to attend due to illness they must provide evidence in the form of a doctor’s note.
- Pro Holistic shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
All rights reserved. No part of any publication including all course notes and handouts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of Desmond Lawton, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to Desmond Lawton, at the address below.
Pro Holistic, 74 Livingstone Drive, East Kilbride, G75 0EL, Scotland.
These terms and conditions, together with the current Pro Holistic website prices, course details and Pro Holistic contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the course and associated materials and services to you by Pro Holistic. These terms and conditions override any other terms that appear on any website, or leaflets/fliers. In particular, no terms and conditions incorporated within your purchase order and nothing said by any person on behalf of Pro Holistic should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods or services offered for sale by Pro Holistic. Pro Holistic shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.