This class will recommence on Wednesday 2nd June, 2021, at 12:00. It is not a drop-in class and must be pre-booked. Please let me know if you plan to attend as I need to know how many people are attending as numbers are limited to 10.
As there will still be Covid-19 restrictions please note the following: –
- I am required to sanitize the hall before and after each class. Please do not enter until I open the rear door.
- Sanitizer will be available and you are required to use it (or your own) when entering the building.
- Do not attend the class if you have Covid-19, or have symptoms of Covid-19.
- It is mandatory that masks must worn while indoors as you will not be seated. If you are unable, for any reason, to wear a mask do not attend as you will be refused entry.
- If you are classed as an extremely vulnerable person (high risk) I advise that you postpone your return until you feel it is safe to do so.
- Social distancing is required and this impacts on the number of people who can attend the class. The maximum for this hall (with people stationary) is 20 so I will be limiting our classes to 10. This may need to be adjusted.
- Good ventilation is needed so some windows will be opened. Please take note of the temperature (I know it is getting warmer but this is East Kilbride) and have adequate clothing to be comfortable.
- The kitchen will not be accessible.
I think that I have covered everything and I am looking forward to seeing you all again and getting back into the Taiji.
In these Taiji and Qigong classes you have the opportunity to learn Taiji forms and Qigong. There is no pressure to learn, no competition, just relaxation. You learn at your own pace, for your own benefit.
Please contact us if you have a group who would like to learn Qigong, Taiji, or self-defence.
The benefits of Taiji
In an analysis, done in the USA, researchers studied the effect that regular attendance at Taiji classes had on people. Their study was to measure the impact that the Taiji had on chronic illnesses and health issues such as hypertension, ME, etc.
What they discovered was that regular Taiji classes had a beneficial effect on things like flexibility, balance, co-ordination, stress levels, pain reduction, anxiety, depression and the health of the heart.
To see their findings, see the JAMA Network (originally The Archives of Internal Medicine)
Further details and information on the benefits of Taiji can be found here
TAIJI CLASSES DETAILS
The next intake will be on Monday 6th April. To book your place please use the Contact Us page and leave your details and which class you wish to join.
- Location – United Reformed Church, Old Coach Road, The Village, East Kilbride, G74 4DS.
- Day – Wednesday.
- Time – 12.00 till 1.00 pm.
- Type – Taiji and Qigong
- Cost: £40.00 per ten-week block
- Details -This class is geared towards retired people who wish to learn the Taiji form and Qigong in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Instructor – Des Lawton
- Further information – ‘Phone Des on 01355266011 or use the form on the Contact Us page.