- Since 1989, the Principal Instructor of the San Bao Martial Arts School and he teaches Taiji,Taiji Quan, Qigong, and Neijia Quan classes in Glasgow and Lanarkshire.
He is passionate about Qigong being taught as an Internal energy exercise.
- Des has developed a number of Qigong courses that he teaches throughout the country.
- He has created online Qigong courses, in order to reach out to Qigong practitioners worldwide, that provide detailed information on the subtleties and nuances that are rarely available to students.
- In 1997, after three and a half years of study with the Glasgow School of Shiatsu, Des qualified as a Registered Shiatsu Practitioner (M.R.S.S.)
- He provides, online, consultation for the treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, etc. through the use of Qigong.
- He also carries out consultancy work in the field of complementary medicine and stress management.
“Des Lawton is clearly at the cutting edge of Energy work today, and his sensitivity, humour, and instructional abilities integrate beautifully. This has enabled him to teach at all levels, bringing oriental thoughts & concepts to occidental minds, making these concepts tangible, and demystifying them.”
“Des Lawton demonstrates teaching-integrity and respect for his students, and knows how to facilitate student understanding, awareness and true progress, encouraging the students’ desire to learn. I’ve taken other courses from people who may know how to go through the outer movements with good form themselves and have impressive “temple” credentials and an exotic nationality, but they lack the ability to impart knowledge which is the essential attribute of a teacher and also calls into question their own depth of understanding.”
Des is now teaching a number of courses and workshops including the ever popular, Taiji Shibashi Qigong Instructor course. These, along with the Shiatsu, online consultations, the other courses and classes keeps him very busy……………. I don’t think he would like it any other way! Mind you he still manages to find plenty of time for hill walking (his “me” time) and he is to be seen tramping around on the Scottish mountains while he soaks up the fresh air and Qi.